Product Name: BlowFish for Hangover
Product Type: Effervescent tablets
Primary Ingredients: 1000 mg of aspirin and 120 mg of caffeine
Serving per Container: 12 effervescent tablets per box. You will need to dissolve two tablets in water the morning after you drink. This means each pack is good for six servings. Based on current box price this works out to roughly $2 per serving.
What it Does: Blowfish is a new FDA approved over-the-counter drug that has been specifically designed to treat major hangover symptoms. It treats your headache and gets you up and going on those rough mornings. The effervescent delivery system helps rehydrate, and works fast because the ingredients are already dissolved. Each dose contains 1000 mg of aspirin (a maximum-strength dose) and 120 mg of caffeine. This combination has been recognized in the FDA monograph on overindulgence as an over-the-counter drug that is safe and effective for treating the symptoms associated with a hangover. Aspirin decreases the severity of hangover through prostaglandin inhibition while caffeine will keep you awake and alert, just be cautious and drink plenty of water because caffeine is a known diuretic
Ease of Use: Blowfish is so easy to use, just dissolve two tablets in 16 ounces of water and drink away! If symptoms return or you start to drag later in the day, Blowfish can be taken every six hours, but do not exceed 8 tablets within 24 hours.
- I was not really expecting much based on the basic ingredients list, but to my surprise it worked pretty well. Works best for treating headache and other head symptoms.
- No pills to take.
- It tastes good and the effervescence of the tablets in cold water feels soothing in the stomach.
- Blowfish is FDA approved, something no other hangover product can say.
- It lacks the roster of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other ingredients that its competitors have.
- Not a preventative, only helps treat hangover symptoms after the fact.
- Doesn’t do much for nausea, indigestion, or other stomach symptoms.