Product Name: Resqwater Proactive Recovery Drink
Product Type: Drink
- Prickly pear fruit extract
- Organic evaporated cane juice
- N-Acetyl Cysteine
- Citric acid
- Milk thistle
- B Vitamins
Servings per Container: Comes in packs of six 8oz bottles for roughly ~$25
What it Does: When you drink, the body breaks down alcohol into substances including acetaldehyde and free radicals. Resqwater contains ingredients that help in metabolizing acetaldehyde and protecting the body from other toxic byproducts of alcohol break down.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine binds to acetaldehyde and replenishes glutathione which protects against free radicals. Organic prickly pear extract reduces the severity of hangover symptoms like nausea. Milk thistle and its silymarin component boost the activity of antioxidant enzymes. It also protects the liver from excessive alcohol consumption. Sugar cane extract replenishes sugar levels so you won’t feel the weakness and fatigue that you frequently experience during a hangover.
Ease of Use: You are supposed to drink one bottle after every few alcoholic drinks, and then another bottle right before you sleep. This may not be the easiest thing to do, especially when you are busy partying and indulging in booze, but it is necessary for Resqwater to work. Based on my experience, it appears that drinking it right before going to bed is the key to staving off nasty hangover symptoms.
- A quick look at the ingredients and you know Resqwater is a premium product.
- Resqwater has been on the market for some time and a couple of years back when I first tried it, it had a terrible taste. Fortunately, the latest formula’s taste has been improved.
- I didn’t experience any side effects.
- I find there is still a bit of an aftertaste.
- It is expensive at more than $4 per serving, and requiring multiple servings per night for best effect.
- You need to drink several of them throughout the night, and since they are in bottled form, they can be difficult to transport.
First, they are expensive. At more than $4 per bottle, it is likely the most expensive hangover product out there if you're downing a couple per night. Second, they are bulky. I find this product is best use during tailgates and day parties where you have a cooler on hand. Just throw a handful of Resqwaters in the cooler along with your beer and other goodies and you will be a hero among your friends the next day. Try it!